Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Sketching at Barts

I had an operation last year and was back at Barts Hospital - the oldest in London - yesterday for a check-up. So, never one to miss an opportunity I took my sketch book with me and did a couple of sketches. The first is a very quick one (no more than 15 minutes) of the backs of heads in the waiting area within outpatients.

The second is of the area to the left of the altar of St Batholomew the Less. This church started as a hospital chapel within the grounds of the hospital in 1184 and was rebuilt in 1789 and again in 1823 and was also restored following damage in the second world war. Rather an odd match of styles internally - but a very quiet and peaceful place to draw.

Both drawings were done in my black Daler Rowney hardback sketch book using a mechanical pencil. The one of the church is a double page spread (size A3)

, , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.