The exhibition is on display at the Mall Galleries between 16-25th June 2017. All the artwork is for sale
However it's ALSO on display right now as a "virtual online exhibition" via
- The catalogue for the exhibition on Issuu (if you become a member you can save the catalogues to your account)
- a preview of the works on the Mall Galleries website (scroll down the page and you'll come to the images of all the artwork in the exhibition)
The annual exhibitions at the Mall Galleries by the art societies belonging to the Federation of British Arts all now have have their catalogue and images online prior to the exhibition opening.
|Cover of the NEAC Catalogue for the 2017 Annual Exhibition|
- VISIT: you can see very quickly if this is an exhibition you'd like to visit in person
- COLLECT: art collectors who follow particular artists now tend to buy in advance of the exhibition opening - to make sure they get the artwork they want!
- BUY ONLINE: those used to buying art online are much more likely to have a good look at what's on offer beforehand - rather than wait for the exhibition opening
- GET A BARGAIN!: those on the lookout for "the smart buy" - a great painting selling for a very reasonable sum - are now much more likely to be bought in advance. I'd liken these to the small paintings which always sell well and very quickly at the PV.
- THINK AGAIN: If you get home and then wish you'd bought the painting you liked, you now have a very easy way of doing something about this.
What you need to do if you want to buy
First check out the paintings and drawings in the exhibition
To do this click on the title below the artwork (i.e. don't click on the image - nothing happens!)
|CLICK TITLE below the artwork to see a larger image|
This will bring up a page for the artwork which has
- a larger image
- details about the artwork i.e. media and size
- confirmation of the price
- a link to more information about the artist if the artist is a member - in this case June Berry NEAC Hon. RE RWA RWS - who is one of the more senior members of NEAC (born 1924) whose drawings and paintings I've been enjoying for many years
- a form to complete to make an enquiry about the artwork
- an invitation to "view in a room" - which gives an approximate size rather than exact.
|This is the page you will see if you click the title|
- EITHER email the Mall Galleries using the form which pops up on the page for the artwork (after you have clicked on the title)
- OR telephone the Mall Galleries on 0207 930 6844 and you will be able to purchase the painting using plastic over the phone.
TIP: I tend to right click on the title to bring up the image in a new tab. That's because the back button on my browser takes me back to the beginning of the virtual exhibition rather than the specific page I'd got to.