Monday, February 20, 2006

A portable sketching kit

I expected to be able to sketch last Friday and took one version of my portable sketching kit with me - as it happened cold weather and having partner in tow conspired against me (he doesn't mind sitting around while I sketch in warm weather and knows to bring his book - but he's much less patient in cold weather!)

So I thought I'd just show you what I took out with me. My kit on Friday for colour washes comprised:
  • Van Gogh watercolour pencils - in their very nifty folding blue cases

  • a Pentel brush with an in-built water reservoir. This works rather like a cartridge pen - releasing just enough water to moisten the pencils - but not flooding them


  • a small Winsor and Newton Wire-O Sketchbook - size A6 (10.5cm x 14.8cm) - 170gsm/80lb heavy weight acid free paper with perforations so they can be removed easily



So you can now see how neatly I write when trying out my watercolour pencils in my new sketchbook while on the tube travelling to Kew Gardens! ;)

, , , , ,

1 comment:

  1. leofaerie17@gmail.comSaturday, May 23, 2009

    Hi u have a wealth of info on your blog thank u so much ,im just wondering if u would have any links for using watercolour pencils .......
    thanks again
    bev

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.