Sunday, February 19, 2006

Drawing a Head


On Thursday evenings I go to my "Drawing a Head" class. I've been drawing lots of people - both models and artists for ages now - but in the last three classes I've finally started drawing heads again.

Here are drawings from the last three classes I've attended.

  • A male head and a female head - both took about an hour each
  • the full size male was a quick drawing in about half an hour
  • the female head with a background took about an hour and a half, and finally
  • the final male head was about two hours

They are all done on heavy white cartridge paper - size A2 (which is approx. 23.5" x 16.5"). I use a mechanical pencil (no sharpening required) to do fine hatching marks for the shading of the form and then a 6B graphite stick to get the darker values and provide a smudgy background.

, , ,

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    your blog is a discovery!
    I like your drawings a lot. The study with the window in the background is great.
    All the best
    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Martin - that window drawing just "flowed" - I think all the best ones usually do! ;)

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.