Friday, February 10, 2006

Spring Fair

I was at the Spring Fair 2006 at the National Exhibition Centre yesterday to source some of my supply requirements and to meet with a potential printer and distributor of my work in the gallery part of the show. I also made some useful contacts who provided me with lots of good information and some new ideas. The big advantage of going on the last day is that the whole place is a bit less frenetic than earlier in the week and exhibitors have more time to talk.

And finally.......... (and at long last!) I found a fine art scanner for my large pastels who's local to me. Now to find a way to make the scanning size as cost-effective as possible..........

It was interesting to hear that some of the smaller galleries commenting on how they could have done even more business than they had planned in terms of providing printing facilities for artists - which I guess is some indication of the way the giclee market is taking off with the direct marketing and selling being done by artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.