I've been using counters for visits and pageviews for the last 20 years. I like quick information - but I also want indepth information.
A Quick Look - on the blog
For many years, I have used clustrmaps.com to provide a visual map in my side column of where visitors to my blog come from.
I've always been completely amazed that I can sit typing at home in East London and the words that get published on my blog get read by people living all over the world - literally on every continent (bar Antarctica).
However, very sadly Clustrmaps has died.Hence I was very pleased today to find a product which seeks to replicate it. Indeed I think it might even be the same team with a different name as they seem to have the same ethos - which is one I like and very much approve of.
Map My Visitors was created by a small team — just three guys working together. We are passionate about making web analytics accessible to everyone. We understand that tracking website traffic is essential for businesses, bloggers, and individuals, but the cost and complexity of existing solutions can be extremely overwhelming. That's why we set out on a mission to create a hit counter service that is not only accurate, fast, and responsive but also user-friendly and affordable.
Introducing MapMyVistors
MapMyVisitors
- either a map of where all your visitors come from (unless they are blocking their location)
- or a Globe widget (which moves!) I'm not a fan of things which move!
Visitors are either a red dot ie past visitors) or an amber or green dot ie visited recently
You can see the map near the top of the right hand side column.
Today - with just a few hours of stats on it, it looks like this
ON MY BLOG - as a widget
![]() |
| MapMyVisitors Widget This is an enlarged version of the widget in the side column after a few hours (i.e. installed on 19th August) |
ON MY DASHBOARD
![]() |
| MapMyVisitors: This is the map on my screen re the dashboard. Below it lists all the various locations |
Statcounter
I cannot remember when I first started using Statcounter - but my stats suggest it must have been nearly 20 years ago.
I also use Statcounter to provide an incredibly detailed map - which allows me to drill down to region and city and ISP - and allowed me to identify I was being absolutely hammered by visits from people in South East Asia earlier this year when my stats went totally wild for two weeks.
This is today's map for the last 7 days
![]() |
| Statcounter: Visitor Map for the last 7 days - with lots of the countries labelled |
HOWEVER they don't have a nice widget sized one for my blog which I can look at really easily - hence my use of MapMyVisitors



No comments:
Post a Comment
COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.