Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Small Work: Solo Parrot


This is a new small work. It's a single parrot bloom. The image is 6 inches square and was produced using coloured pencils on Arches Aquarelle Hot Press Paper. This small work is for sale and has been added to the Small Works Gallery on my website. This is the gallery where artwork can be purchased without having to have a major think first!

I'm rather pleased with this one. It started off as a colour study to see what might happen if I pushed the colours a little bit - but became rather more than just a colour study.

So much so that I think I might do a series of single blooms in 6" x 6" format.

, , , , , ,

2 comments:

  1. Katherine -- this is just stunning! I don't know how you can part with it. Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine, this is brilliant. Wanted to let you know I really love it.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.