Sunday, May 07, 2006

Study of my salad box


This is a study - not a painting - of my salad box (one of those cut and come again ones). It's been drawn from life in coloured pencil and is 9" x 12" on Arches HP.

It's been hanging around for about a week waiting for its background to be completed!

(PS Did anybody notice it rained a lot in London yesterday? Hence I didn't go for a walk! I think I'm going to have to 'fess up to being a 'fair weather walker' only in the 'exercise and sketch' department! And Julie's sketch from her walk yesterday had raindrops on it so I don't think she was faring much better re. weather! I have to tell you Sunday morning is not looking a whole lot better....... )

Technorati tags: , , ,

4 comments:

  1. I really admire your use of a variety of colors to achieve such incredible depth. This is really well done! And, if I haven't thanked you before, thank you for posting all the wonderful art links on your blog -- I always know where to come first if I need to find a site to look something up. You're better than Yahoo or Google!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've just made my Sunday Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours in this. The leaves look so fresh and delicious. Re: fairweather walking - I do wonder whether I'm going to fall flat on my face when winter sets in here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I decided today that doing the big shop at the supermarket counts towards the mile walked! Then there's the walking backwards and forwards bringing all the stuff into the house..........

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.