Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Walk and Sketch Blogs

OK - Julie Oakley has started something and there are now people who are regularly taking their moleskines/sketchbooks and pencils/paints for a mile walk and are then sketching and walking - so I've created a new category for their blogs in the right hand column - and it stays ladies for as long as you keep walking......... ;)

Julie does maps and Alison and pedalpower both note down how far they walked!

Curious that - is it only women who want to exercise and then sketch? I know Martin (Frieluftmaler) walks regularly around his home town in Germany to sketch - but I think he does it to sketch rather than to reduce the 'blogger's bum' which was the term Julie used which caught our attention!

I'm enjoying them all - everybody has a different approach - but I'm particularly enjoying seeing more of Canberra in "5k Radius" as my sister and her family live there.

PS Julie - I have a major commitment this week and have an excuse-me note - plus as you already know I'm a fairweather sketcher and the plein air is wet!

Previous post: Drawing the UK countryside

Technorati tags:
, , , , , ,

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the new category. Just last Saturday I took my MS along on a bike ride and did a "Sketchride". i haven't posted the sketches yet, but I will soon.

    I'll be popping back to see these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can always make this an "exercise and sketch" category! Bike rides count in my book - unfortunately I'd then have to contemplate my static exercise bike indoors for when it's raining!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.