Saturday, May 20, 2006

Pentel hi-polymer superior mechanical pencil leads


I've been asked which brand of pencil leads I use - in relation to the previous post Catnapping #8. I've used Pentel Hi-Polymer Super / Superior mechanical pencil leads for nearly 20 years and have always been very happy with them. They do what I want them to do and don't appear to have any quality problems. Usually HB although I do also use B on occasion. To be honest I can't be certain the last sketch was done with HB as I have masses of mechanical pencils and I just picked up the one nearest to hand - but I've only rarely bought B so I suspect it was done in HB!

However! The leads used to come in a very easy to use plastic pack like the one on the right. Now we have the new improved much bigger, much more difficult to open and use package - the one on the left. I want to know where the old packs are so I can buy them all up until they come up with the next design improvement!!!

Technorati tags: , , ,

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! I've developed a passion for Papermate's leads these days, and only one place near me sells them by tubes instead of packaged with pencils. And for the Pentel, we over here have to been "blessed" with that new packaging. *shudder*

    Must be something in the air: Dave is planning the "Lead Championship" at:
    http://davesmechanicalpencils.blogspot.com/2006/05/lead-championship-cup.html

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.