Sunday, May 07, 2006

Study of my salad box


This is a study - not a painting - of my salad box (one of those cut and come again ones). It's been drawn from life in coloured pencil and is 9" x 12" on Arches HP.

It's been hanging around for about a week waiting for its background to be completed!

(PS Did anybody notice it rained a lot in London yesterday? Hence I didn't go for a walk! I think I'm going to have to 'fess up to being a 'fair weather walker' only in the 'exercise and sketch' department! And Julie's sketch from her walk yesterday had raindrops on it so I don't think she was faring much better re. weather! I have to tell you Sunday morning is not looking a whole lot better....... )

Technorati tags: , , ,

4 comments:

Linda said...

I really admire your use of a variety of colors to achieve such incredible depth. This is really well done! And, if I haven't thanked you before, thank you for posting all the wonderful art links on your blog -- I always know where to come first if I need to find a site to look something up. You're better than Yahoo or Google!
:-)

Katherine said...

You've just made my Sunday Linda!

Julie Oakley said...

I love the colours in this. The leaves look so fresh and delicious. Re: fairweather walking - I do wonder whether I'm going to fall flat on my face when winter sets in here!

Katherine said...

I decided today that doing the big shop at the supermarket counts towards the mile walked! Then there's the walking backwards and forwards bringing all the stuff into the house..........