|Rachel Levitas accepts the Lynn Painter Stainer Prize 2010|
all photos copyright Katherine Tyrrell/td>
|Urban Fox 111 by Rachel Levitas|
oil on panel, 48.5 x 38cm
Created in 2005 with the Worshipful Company of Painter-Stainers and the Lynn Foundation. The purpose of the Prize is to encourage creative representational painting and promote the skill of draughtsmanship.The Young Artist of the Year was Lauren Archer whose large painting was called The Chase (it's of a drag hunt). Lauren is a final year student at Loughborough University doing a BA (Hons) in Fine Art. This painting is smaller than her current work which is seven feet square.
|Lauren Archer - Young Artist 2010 - with The Chase|
oil on canvas, 117 x 169cm
Rebecca Cains - for her painting Scrapped van on piled up tyres.She has exhibited widely including the RA Summer Exhibition, NEAC, ROI, RWA Bristol Autumn Exhibition and Open Painting 2010 where she was awarded 1st prize.
Jeffrey Dennis (Jeffrey Dennis Work Notes) for While I work. This year his work has also been selected for the The Jerwood Drawing Prize Exhibition 2010. On his blog he discusses how he uses drawing to find his way into a painting - this is a draft of a contribution to a panel discussion at the Jerwood Drawing Exhibition 201.
Emma Haworth for Woodkeeper's Cottage, which is an oil on canvas Autumnal version of the same painting of a wood under snow in watercolour which has just won the Sunday Times Watercolour Prize 2010. (See Emma Haworth wins Sunday Times Watercolour Competition 2010)
Peter Wylie for Goldfinger four (with Le Corbusier flaking paint from Villa La Roche). You can see other paintings in his Buildings series here.
The exhibition is at Painters Hall, 9 Little Trinity Lane, London EC4V 2AD between 15 November – 26 November 2010 (Open Monday to Saturday 10am to 4pm; Admission free). It's organised by Parker Harris.
- There are a number of events - see Events - Lynn Painter-Stainer Prize Exhibition 2010.
- The exhibition will then tour to W. H. Patterson Gallery, 19 Albemarle Street, London W1S 4BB (29 November – 3 December 2010)
Links to previous posts about the Lynn Painter Stainer Prize and Exhibition
- Making A Mark: 65 Artists selected for Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2010 28th Oct 2010
- Making a Mark: Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2010 - Call for Entries 03 Aug 2010
- Making a Mark: Shortlist for Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2009 04 Nov 2009
- Making a Mark: Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize - selected artists 18 Sep 2008
- Making a Mark: Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2008 and Exhibition 19 Nov 2008