|The Critics by Morgan Penn|
Now in its 6th year, the Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize continues to champion creative representational painting and promotes the skill of draughtsmanship. The 67 paintings selected from over 800 artists by a panel of critics, artists and art scholars, demonstrate that British painting is alive and thriving.
The Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2010 Exhibition opens today and continues until 26 November 2010 at Painters' Hall, 9 Little Trinity Lane, London EC4
I'm off to the Private View and announcement of the winner this evening. The image at the top is of a painting by Morgan Penn selected for the exhibition - rather aptly called The Critics! I'll be posting the winner later this evening.
During the course of the Exhibition at Painters Hall there are a number of free events.
- Wednesday 17 November - 1.00pm–3.00pm Portrait Drawing - Henry Gibbons-Guy gives a workshop using a professional model.
- Friday 19 November - 1.00pm–3.00pm Still Life Drawing - Learn the art of still life with Daniel Shadbolt.
- Tuesday 23 November - 1.00pm–3.00pm Portrait Drawing - Henry Gibbons-Guy gives a workshop using a professional model.
- Thursday 25 November - 11.00am–3.00pm Drawing from Paintings - A great way of learning about composition, and of tracing the thought process of another artist. This workshop makes use of the paintings exhibited in this year's exhibition to form a new enquiry in drawing.
- Making A Mark: 65 Artists selected for Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2010 28th Oct 2010
- Making a Mark: Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2010 - Call for Entries 3rd August 2010
- Making a Mark: Shortlist for Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2009 04 Nov 2009
- Making a Mark: Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2008 and Exhibition 19 Nov 2008
- Making a Mark: Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize and exhibition 29 Nov 2007