You are invited to NOMINATE an artwork on an art blog for
The Making a Mark Prize for Best Artwork - Portrait / Figures 2010
This prize aims to celebrate and highlight excellence in portraiture and/or artwork predominantly involving figures ELIGIBILITY
Yesterday I highlighted the value of telling people how much you appreciate their work (seeWhy be an art blogger?). Today you can make a difference by sharing your perspective on the people whose work you valued in 2010.
Today the nominations open for the Making A Mark awards - starting with the Making A Mark prize for the best portrait or painting figures in 2010
- In 2010, any artist creating portraits or artwork predominantly involving figures - real or imaginary - and posting their work to their art or illustrated blog can be nominated.
- 2D artwork is eligible - artwork can be a painting (in any media) or a drawing (in any media) or a fine art print (using any method)
- Work is NOT eligible if it appears to be be one or more of the following:
- was not completed in 2010
- has not appeared on an art or illustrated blog in 2010
- over-reliant on a photograph not taken by the artist
- subjected to lots of digital manipulation/tweaks (over and above that needed to make it read 'true' on screen)
- An artist can be nominated more than once - by different people - for different works
- An artist can be nominated more than once - by different people - for the same work
- To be shortlisted the nominated artist must agree to their work being displayed on this blog as part of the shortlist.
- Anonymous nominations are not permitted. In order to nominate you too must have an art or illustrated blog and be capable of being identified by me. (This is to stop spammers!)
- All nominations must be in English
The winner of the Best Picture of the Year (Portrait/Figures) is
"Palm Sunday" by Karin Jurick (A Painting Today)
(nominated by James Neil Hollingsworth)
To nominate - just comment on this blog post providing all the necessary details (see below) before 24th December 2010
- Your nominations MUST identify:
- the title of the piece
- the name of the artist,
- the name and URL of the blog (eg The Art Blog - http://theartblog.blogspot.com)
- the date, title and URL of the blog post in which the artwork appears (please provide a link)
- SAY WHY YOU LIKE THE WORK - this bit is really important so please do the best you can. Remember that nominations are open and transparent and that it's good to share a genuine tribute.
- You need to ask the artist if their work can be posted on my blog - and let me know what the answer is.
- An artist can nominate their own work.
- Nominations close just after midnight on 24th December.
- I will then select a shortlist of three works from the nominations prior to posting them on this blog and inviting readers to vote for their favourite artwork for The Making a Mark Prize for Best Artwork - Portrait / Figures 2010
- This shortlist of three works then becomes eligible for the overall Making A Mark Prize for best artwork on a blog.
- Results are published on this blog 30th December
There will be more posts this week inviting nominations for the remainder of the Making A Mark Awards - but only one email update each day.
Please also NOMINATE for other MAKING A MARK AWARDS
(see below - links become live as invites are posted)