Wednesday, December 01, 2010

POLL: Are you selling or giving art for Christmas?

I though we might have a very seasonal Making A Mark Opinion Poll for December.  This one comes in two parts and asks you whether you are selling or giving art for Christmas.


Buy at Art.com
Christmas Tree, c.1958
Andy Warhol
Buy From Art.com

The options for two polls are as follows:

Are you selling art as a Christmas gift?
  • Made huge effort to create attractive Christmas gifts
  • Made more art recently with Christmas in mind
  • Not doing anythingvery  different re selling art
  • I'm not trying to sell art as Christmas gifts
Are you planning to give art as a Christmas gift?
  • Giving art for Christmas (repeat event)
  • Giving art for Christmas (1st time)
  • I'm not buying art for Christmas
Please feel free to substitute whatever seasonal festivity you buy gifts for.

As usual the poll is in the right hand column - just below the "For your Information" and just above "Bloggers who follow this blog"

This month there's going to be less time than usual to respond as I need to get this poll finished inbetween the nominations for the Making A Mark Awards 2010 and the start of my End of Year Review!

Hence this poll will finish on 17th and will be reported on the 18th - just before the mad panic to get pressie buying completed starts on the last weekend before Christmas!

(These dates may be brought forward - so vote early!)

2 comments:

  1. I felt I needed to comment here because I used to give art for Christmas - for years. But after a while it seemed like I was overwhelmed every year and the giving was getting in the way of selling. It was becoming too much work to manage. Now I encourage people to buy my art for gifts if I know that the person they are buying for will like it, but, I no longer give it away unless it is for someone very special.

    I buy art for Christmas only when I know it is something the person receiving it will love. Art is very personal. I tend to buy mostly craft or artisan jewelry.

    I have, however, received art for Christmas most of the last few years because I am very vocal about what I like and it makes it easy for my husband! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle - I'm guessing there are a few more like you out there

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.