Listed below you will find the nominations for the Best Picture (Still Life) on an art blog in 2013.
- Three works will be shortlisted (including the nomination I've yet to make)
- Larger images of the three shortlisted works will be included in the invitation to vote for the winner which will be posted on Thursday 26th December 2013
- voting for the best picture continues until a minute after midnight on 30th December
- Portrait Nominations for Best Artwork | MAM Awards 2013
- Landscape Nominations for Best Artwork | MAM Awards 2013
- Nature Nominations for Best Artwork | MAM Awards 2013
Nominations for Best Picture of a Still Life on an Art Blog 2013
|In the Spotlight by Ramesh Jhawar|
Nominated Artist: Ramesh Jhawar Ramesh Jhawar
Post: In the spotlight (2nd September 2013)
Nominated by: Roger Brown My Botswana Art
Well I am going to nominate a larger than normal still life,a bicycle!Its entitled (In the spotlight). I love this painting for is strong contrasts between the ultramarine and cobalt blue and how the bicycle is illuminated by a shaft of warm light.
|Foiled again by K Henderson|
Nominated Artist: K Henderson | K Henderson Fine Art
Post: Foiled Again by K Henderson, 19th December 2013
Nominated by: K. Henderson Fine Art
The bright colors of the foil become subdued reflections on the table top. I love that these everyday cookies can become unique and beautiful objects.
Nominated Artist: Jos van Riswick Postcard from Holland
Post: Lemon Still Life (4th July 2013)
Nominated by: shevaun
It's been so hard to choose this year! I like (this painting) because it is extremely well painted. It's very classical but has a freshness about it. What caught my eye was the ivy. I've been painting ivy myself this year and so have been looking closely at it. I think Jos has done a wonderful job in capturing the essence of the plant and putting movement into what would be otherwise a very static painting.
|Crap on the Table by David Gluck|
Post: Hey, Wha' Happened (15th May 2013)
Nominated by: Natasha Kimstach
David Gluck is just awesome as an artist, both edgy and academic, highly accomplished technically, reminding of Dutch classics.