|What's your primary occupation when you're not being an artist |
(right click and open in a new tab to see larger image)
On the whole, the readers of this blog are a pretty uniform bunch - although maybe not quite what I was expecting. See what you think - and do please feel free to make any observations on the results at the end.
111 readers responded to the survey and the results are expressed as a percentage of the total respondents.
Slicing and dicing the stats in different ways this is what I found
- the professional and managerial classes dominate the readership. Excluding the practising artists who do not teach some 41% are professionals (23% are non-teaching professionals; 11% are teachers) and 7% are managers.
- 38% are reading from home because they are either retired (20%) or a homemaker and parent (18%)
- 19% have a full time involvement with art - 12% as a 100% practising professional artist and 7% as a professional art teachers
- those working in less skilled occupations, on the land or in the forces are few and far between - although I have to say I'm always very grateful to get comments from people who have a different perspective on life.
- Only 3% are involved with crafts. I have no bias towards crafts in this blog but some aspects are pretty generic and I guess I thought there might be some more crafts people.
There's a message in there somewhere for you all....... ;)
Any surprises? Let me know what you think by leaving a comment
You can see
- the posts about the scope of other polls and the results by clicking this link to opinion polls
- or alternatively you can see more results from my monthly Making A Mark Polls on The Making A Mark Poll - Resources for Artists