|Guess who this paintbox belongs to?|
So the Making A Mark Poll for this month asks you about:
- which are the best watercolour paints in your view. I'm also having a supplementary poll asking people how many brands they've tried.
- for comments on why you like your favourite watercolour paints
The brands are listed below - in alphabetical order.
Many of you may be unfamiliar with some of them and for that reason I've included the link to the manufacturer's brand site in the name of the paint.
- Art Spectrum Artists Watercolours
- Daler Rowney Artists Watercolours
- Daniel Smith Watercolor Paints
- Da Vinci
- Holbein Artists Watercolor
- Holbein Irodori Antique Watercolor
- Kremer Pigmente Watercolors
- Lukas Aquarell
- Maimeri Blu
- Maimeri Venezia
- M. Graham Watercolor Paints
- Old Holland Classic Watercolours
- Robert Doak’s Concentrated Watercolors
- Royal Talens - Rembrandt
- Royal Talens - Van Gogh
- Schminke Horadam Aquarell
- Sennelier Aquarelle Extra Fine
- St. Petersburg
- Winsor and Newton Artists Watercolours
You can find the two polls in the right hand column. The Poll finishes very early on 30th November and the results will be reported shortly afterwards.
Do please share your views about what you think are the best artists' watercolour paints and why they are your favourites
Do you have just one absolute favourite colour?
More about watercolour painting:
- The Best Books about Watercolour Painting
- Making A Mark - Which are the best art books about watercolour painting? (23 March 2010)
I've created a website arising out of this and another poll and started to document the various brands of watercolour paint. See for yourself - Which is the best brand of watercolour paint for artists? This also has a poll about the best brands of watercolour paint.