This is the link to the online exhibition of artwork selected for the Threadneedle Prize Exhibition 2012.
The actual exhibition opens at the Mall Galleries on 26 September and continues until 13 October 2012.
|Selection from the Online Exhibition of |
artwork selected for the Threadneedle Prize 2012
To access and view the artwork:
- follow the link
- click the image in the square to see a larger version with details of title and artist
- close the 'pop-up' by clicking the X
- repeat for every subsequent image
Information about dimensions or media is not available for all artwork. I'm guessing this will be remedied as it certainly exists for some and such data is enormously valuable in giving a sense of scale.
Unfortunately there's also no slideshow which means viewing works is a somewhat tortuous process.
This year’s Threadneedle Prize exhibition includes a broader cross-section of figurative painting and sculpture than ever before!The major difference in 2012 are that the number of works selected is much bigger than in every previous year of the Prize. It looks an interesting selection and to me looks as if it provides a much better balance than last year's exhibition. I'm seeing a lot of monochromatic work and a lot of charcoal. I also like all the landscapes I looked at first!
Also - for what it's worth - on initial review I find the paintings in this exhibition more interesting than those in the online exhibition of the John Moores Prize 2012.
All artwork is for sale - and assuming it's now online I guess that means you can also buy online before the exhibition open. The Mall Galleries offers the Own Art free loans which make purchasing art a lot more affordable for many people.
More about the Threadneedle Prize
For more about the Threadneedle Prize 2012 - and the Prize in earlier years - see my earlier posts (and images) below
2012 Threadneedle Prize
- Call for Entries for £30000 Threadneedle Prize 2012 03 Mar 2012
- Threadneedle Prize 2012: Analysis of entries / selected artists 14 Jun 2012
- Threadneedle Prize 2012: names of selected artists 21 Aug 2012 - this includes links to the websites of selected artists
- Threadneedle Prize 2011 - a new selection process 26 Apr 2011
- Shortlist for Threadneedle Prize 2011 dominated ...08 Sep 2011
- Threadneedle Prize: The Making a Mark Select ...26 Sep 2011
- Review: Threadneedle Prize Exhibition 2011 22 Sep 2011
- Henriette Simson wins Threadneedle Prize 2011 06 Oct 2011