Friday, July 06, 2007

Eyes Left!

Eyes Left!
8" x 8", coloured pencil on black Arches cover paper
copyright Katherine Tyrrell

One for the annual exhibition of the Society of Feline Artists I think. I've got to get work finished for two exhibitions in the next few weeks and this is one of them. I'm still trying to work out what possessed me to do the flowers month at the same time - however the (still falling) rain is helping to keep me indoors and drawing ' in the studio'.

Anybody who would like to consider applying for Associate Membership and/or submitting to or visiting the SOFA exhibition should consult their website:
The annual exhibition is at the Llewellyn Alexander Gallery, 124 - 126 The Cut, Waterloo, London SE1 8LN (opposite the Old Vic Theatre and across the road from the rear entrance to Waterloo Station). Dates are 3rd - 22nd September 2007.
On show are approximately 300 paintings of cats in oil, acrylic, watercolour, pastel and etchings - making it the largest exhibition of cat art in the country. (SOFA blog)
You can see photos from last year's Private View and the Private View at the exhibition for members at The Mousehole Gallery on the SOFA blog.

The submission date
by SOFA Members and Associates only (to the gallery) is Thursday 9th August 2007 - all paintings must be for sale. For further information please contact SOFA.

You can see more of feline art on my website.

Links:

4 comments:

  1. Nice painting. I like it. Very clever name.

    It's hot here. Triple digits already. Lots of sweating going on. And we had 1/4 the normal rainfall this year. The news said 116 degrees F in Las Vegas and somewhere it was 125. I can't even imagine those temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine, this is a very clever arrangement, skillfully carried out. I can almost see the heads twitching back and forth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable! I agree with Rose Welty about the arrangement of the kittens. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your very kind comments

    Jeanne - I want some of that sun and heat over here - it's been largely raining for three months!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.