Today I want to expand on the idea of how to create and/or share Interest Lists as a way of ensuring you see the content of Facebook Pages or Accounts you want to read.
So this post covers
- links to my Interest Lists which are now being shared on my Facebook Page
- two guides I wrote a while back about why Interest Lists are a good idea and how to create them
- links to Facebook Help re Interest Lists
|The Art Materials Interest List on my Facebook Account|
Note the Interests Lists in the left hand column - they starts just below Photos
My Interest Lists
I've now made them all the ones I'm listing below "public" so you should be able to access these if you are logged into Facebook. I'll be sharing these on my Facebook Page also - I've already shared the Art Materials and Supplies one.
- Art Galleries and Museums
- Art Materials and Supplies - shared this afternoon
- Art Competitions
- Art Societies
Do let me know if you think I've missed out any good ones! :)
|A discussion about Interest Lists today.|
Facebook ListsBelow you will find links to the two posts I wrote back in 2012 when lists started to emerge as a way of better managing the Facebook algorithm which decides what you see in your newsfeed (ie it filters out about 80%!)
- A Guide to Facebook Interest Lists (Part 1) - Part 1 of my Guide to Facebook Interest Lists - looks at how Interest Lists might provide a better way of accessing news
- How to make an effective Facebook Interest List - Part 2 of my Guide to Facebook Interest Lists - looks at how to make a Facebook Interest Page and how to share it
Do let me know if you're finding anything has changed.
Facebook BasicsYou can use Lists for Interests or Friends
- What are lists?
- How do I use lists to organize my friends?
- What are interest lists?
- What's the difference between a list and a group? Which one should I create?
- Lists for Friends - all the details
- Interest Lists - all the details