The way it works is like this:
- the artist registers the URL of their daily painting blog with Micah
- the artist can put a daily painting blog widget on their own blog - which provides a sequence of changing images and when clicked on then leads people to the daily painters blog
- we all get to see a daily gallery of the thumbnails of all the daily paintings posted on one day
- you can then click on the one you like and.....
- send an e-card of that painting
- go the artist's blogs for further details if you want to buy the painting
I'm also guessing here but it occurs to me that this gallery approach for daily paintings (which looks so much better than the e-bay alternative) must also provide some incentive to painters to not let their standards slip and to produce good quality work day after day.
And as Micah commented on this blog
I think the best thing about daily painting blogs is the opportunity to see some wonderful work by artists I would have never otherwise seen. I rarely have a chance to visit a gallery, but even when I do, I realize that the gallery world is just a tiny slice of art life. With daily painting blogs, I can view lots of fresh art every day, by artists I can easily relate to.Links:
- Why artists should blog Part 2: the success of Daily Painting Blogs
- Will you be a success if you blog your paintings daily?
- Blog of Painting a Day Blogs
Technorati tags: art , daily painter , daily painting , daily paintings , painting