I wrote a blog post a little while ago about the difference between personal accounts on facebook and Facebook pages - see Artists on Facebook - The Scope and The Rules.
However, when I wrote it, I hadn't yet come across the OFFICIAL Facebook Guide to Facebook Pages. It's a pdf file which means that you can download this and keep it a reference document.
|Page 3 of the Facebook Guide to Facebook Pages|
you can download this to read offline
- its design, the apps and how the feature page works
- the scope to create feature items eg
- by pinning a story (eg an exhibition announcement if you;re an artist) to the top of the page
- by hiding or deleting stories
- defining milestones eg you opened an online gallery!
- identifying who your friends are - apparently I have a lot who are aged 45-64 and a very significant percentage of you live in the USA!
- identifying how well your Page is working through Insights - and explains all the different aspects of this. I find the response to different posts on the timeline to be very instructive in terms of what people like to read and click on
- showing you what the activity log is and how it works
- providing you with the details of how big the photos need to be for your cover photo
(851 x 315 pixels) and profile pic (180 x 180 pixels)
ESSENTIAL! Best of all it has:
- a checklist of what you need to do to get started with a Facebook Page
- a statement of what you must NOT do when creating a cover photo
- a set of tips for how to get the best out of your Facebook Page
For example - did you know this one?
Publish visually engaging Page posts.So here's the two key websites for you
While a diverse set of post types is important, posts including a photo album or picture can generate 2X more engagement than other post types
- For the guide go to: http://ads.ak.facebook.com/ads/FacebookAds/Pages_Product_Guide_022812.pdf
- For more information, go to: http://www.facebook.com/about/pages
Do let me know what you think of it and do please share what you changed after reading it.