Friday, October 05, 2012

Verre Églomisé - an introduction

Verre Églomisé by Yanny Petters
I found out about Verre Églomisé yesterday. I'd never heard of it before and I'm guessing most of you won't have either.  It's not produced in the same way as stained glass.

This very helpful YouTube video - Verre Églomisé by Yanny Petters (high quality) - which has been created by Yanny Petters an Irish botanical artist who is a member of The Watercolour Society of Ireland who  lives in County Wicklow, Ireland.  She explains:
  • the process of producing artwork as Verre Églomisé - in a very clear step by step process
  • the history and background to the art of Verre Églomisé
  • how Verre Églomisé is used today - and in past


This is the glass painting page on Yany's website.  If you click the artwork you can see a larger version.

This is the news page containing the video on Yanny's website

Note: Thanks to Lotus McElfish and Shevaun Docherty for highlighting this on Facebook's Botanical Artists Group

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Thank you ...
    ......watch this spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine linked me to this post - I too am a reverse glass painter in Muskoka, Ontario. I studied in Bavaria Germany 20 years ago. It's nice to see other glass painters from around the world - it is not a common technique used in the artist studios today. If you are interested in seeing an example of my glass paintings, you can visit my webpage at http://www.bonniebews.com

    Bonnie Bews

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine linked me to this post - I too am a reverse glass painter in Muskoka, Ontario. I studied in Bavaria Germany 20 years ago. It's nice to see other glass painters from around the world - it is not a common technique used in the artist studios today. If you are interested in seeing an example of my glass paintings, you can visit my webpage at http://www.bonniebews.com

    Bonnie Bews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks Bonnie - your work is lovely - and now I have another word for this practice of reverse glass painting - Hinterglas (see http://bonniebews.com/artist.html)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.