The reason for asking is that this week I suddenly could not post a comment to MY OWN BLOG courtesy of Blogger.
I could moderate the comments of others and I could access the dashboard and publish posts - but I couldn't leave a comment.
The problem was resolved in part by stopping my comments page from being "embedded". In other formats my Google account was recognised and I could leave comments. When it was embedded the account was not recognised.
|No recognition of Google account or Open ID with comments page in "embedded mode"|
hence unable to leave comments
Full page format
|Comment page in full page format|
Google account is again recognised and I can leave a comment on my blog
More problems leaving comments!
Now I've begun to realise that embedded comment pages on other blogs are also inaccessible - and I can't leave comments on those blogs either!
I'm now wondering how many people have got a similar problem - or whether this is a one-off
So over to you - I have two questions:
- Do you have an embedded comments page for your Blogger blog?
- Have you had any problems leaving comments on your own blog?
[NOTE: If you want to check out what setting you have:
- go to Settings › Posts and comments
- Under Comments check out the location of your comments function. There are four options:
- embedded (causes a problem for me and others using Apple)
- full page
- pop-up window
This comments function is set to "full page"]