You are invited to NOMINATE an artwork on an art blog for
The Making a Mark Prize for Best Portrayal of a Place 2010
This prize celebrates and highlights excellence increating pictures about places in our environment
|Best Picture of the Year 2009 (Place) |
by Casey Klahn (The Colorist)
- The place can be anywhere in the world, in the town or the country, inside or out, on land, on water or in the air. It can be real or imaginary. The inclusion of figures is entirely optional - however the emphasis should be on the place and not the figures (see another MaM the prize re. figures)
- In 2010, any artist can be nominated who has created a portrayal of a place - real or imaginary - and posted their work to their art or illustrated blog in 2010.
- 2D artwork is eligible - artwork can be a painting (in any media) or a drawing (in any media) or a fine art print (using any method)
- Work is NOT eligible if it appears to be be or more of the following:
- was not completed in 2010
- has not appeared on an art or illustrated blog in 2010
- over-reliant on a photograph not taken by the artist
- subjected to lots of digital manipulation/tweaks (over and above that needed to make it read 'true' on screen)
- An artist can be nominated more than once - by different people - for different works
- An artist can be nominated more than once - by different people - for the same work
- To be shortlisted the nominated artist must agree to their work being displayed on this blog as part of the shortlist.
- Anonymous nominations are not permitted. In order to nominate you too must have an art or illustrated blog and be capable of being identified by me. (This is to stop spammers!)
- All nominations must be in English
To nominate - just comment on this blog post providing all the necessary details (see below) before 24th December 2010
- Your nominations MUST identify:
- the title of the piece
- the name of the artist,
- the name and URL of the blog (eg The Art Blog - http://theartblog.blogspot.com)
- the date, title and URL of the blog post in which the artwork appears (please provide a link)
- SAY WHY YOU LIKE THE WORK - this bit is really important so please do the best you can. Remember that nominations are open and transparent and that it's good to share a genuine tribute.
- You need to ask the artist if their work can be posted on my blog - and let me know what the answer is.
- An artist can nominate their own work.
- Nominations close just after midnight on 24th December.
- I will then select a shortlist of three works from the nominations prior to posting them on this blog and inviting readers to vote for their favourite artwork.
- This shortlist of three works then becomes eligible for the overall Making A Mark Prize for best artwork on a blog.
- Results are published on this blog 30th December
Please also NOMINATE for other MAKING A MARK AWARDS
(see below - links become live as invites are posted)