Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Pastel Society 122nd Annual Exhibition now on view - for real!

The Pastel Society's 122nd Annual Exhibition can now be seen in person at the Mall Galleries in London until 24th July 2021. You need to book a ticket online and visit between 10am and 5pm.

View of part of the West Gallery
 

I visited today and I'll post my review tomorrow. (see Review: 122nd Annual Exhibition of the Pastel Society)

However, you can see my photos of the exhibition on my Makingamark Facebook Page where I've uploaded the photos I took this morning into three albums. (see end of post for links to the albums)

(NOTE: Now I'm using a rollator to cope with walking, I'm finding I'm very tired when I get back from exhibitions - hence the delay between photos and review)

It is essentially an exhibition of work in dry media by leading pastel artists - most of whom (but not all) live in the UK. The artwork is created in pastel (soft, hard or oil), pencil, coloured pencil, chalk or charcoal. 

It was previously on display online on the Mall Galleries website as it was originally due to be hung during the third lockdown.

Since then, some artwork sold online and has been shipped to its new owners. So what the Society have done for this exhibition is invited those artists who sold work to submit new work to "fill the gaps"

Sales include some of the artworks which won prizes, so I'm going to refer you to these two blog posts to see the artworks which won awards

View of the East Gallery

 

You can also see my photos of the exhibition on my Making A Mark Facebook in three albums - and you can see them whether you are a member of FB - or not!

 All the works are for sale
  • prices start from £300 
  • all artwork can be purchased using the Own Art scheme that allows for the cost to be spread, interest-free over 10 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.