The programme has been made by the BAFTA-award winning team which also made the excellent programmes:
- Grayson Perry: Who Are You? - currently linked to the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery. See my blog post Grayson Perry - Who Are You? - on TV and at the NPG; and
- Grayson Perry: All In the Best Possible Taste which generated the series of six tapestries titled "The Vanity of Small Differences" which were exhibited at the RA Summer Show in 2013 to great acclaim (see my blog post 10 reasons to visit the RA Summer Exhibition 2013)
A House for Essex overlooks the river Stour at Wrabness, six miles west of Harwich port. It's a product of the artist's collaboration with architectural firm Fashion Architecture Taste (FAT).
|Visualisation of A House for Essex|
This is a video of Grayson Perry's Tour of 'A House for Essex' - Director's Cut
Grayson Perry takes you on a personal tour through A House for Essex, a loving tribute and celebration of his homeland in Essex. This is the 'non-360', panoramic version.This is the BBC Video - Take a walk around the house that Grayson Perry designed
I'll leave any further comment until after the programme has ben shown. Safe to say that if you've enjoyed any of the previous programmes my guess is you will enjoy this one too.
However there is more elsewhere:
- This is The Guardian's article about Grayson Perry’s Dream House: a secular chapel to the Essex everywoman
- The Observer article - Grayson Perry’s A House for Essex: a stonking shrine to a fictional woman
- This is the Radio Times's How to stay in Grayson Perry's eccentric gingerbread holiday home