Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What's your favourite Art Business Book?


Today I published a new "resources for artists information site called "The Best Art Business Books". You can read the reasons why in this post in Making A Mark Reviews - but some of you will recall my recent rant about Amazon assigns ludicrous categories to Art Books (11 May 2010)!

I'm still developing this very new site. One of the main things I want to do is include an opinion poll on it to find out which art business books which are regarded as the most useful books for both emerging and professional artists today.

That means I need to have a pool of books to list. So to do that I need to know which books have helped you the most!

What I'm talking about here are those art business books that:
  • you'd be happy to recommend
  • you won't be loaning out any time soon - just in case you didn't get it back
  • you still find to be a constant and useful source of reference
  • prompted you to do things and make changes before you'd finished reading it
  • provided you with the best all round advice
  • helped you make the best choices
  • helped you to be an artist!
So what are they?
  • Which are the art business books which make a difference?
  • Which books deserve to get listed in my opinion poll on my new site?
If you've written a book review of your favourite art business book (or books) I'd love to have the link as I'm including links to reviews in the new site.

Thanks to all those who are busy tweeting and 'liking' the new site on Facebook. It's much appreciated. :)

Note:
  1. See also Making A Mark Reviews - The Best Art Business Books
  2. The image at the top of this post is a view of the book covers of the book which Google services up when you put in the query "art business" into Google Books

1 comment:

  1. My absolutely most valuable book, which I still do pull out to reference, is actually a printmaking book that happens to include a lot of information on pricing. Because of the nature of editioning within original printmaking, the book does a great job of showing how to break down overall costs (including overheads and capital equipment) into pricing across several pieces (an edition). It's difficult to find nowadays (out of print) so I'd never loan my copy!
    About Prints: A Guide for Artist Printmakers
    by Silvie Turner
    ISBN 1871831121

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.