Here's a list of upcoming art exhibitions in London over the summer months. The one I'm really looking forward to is The Wyeth Family at Dulwich Picture Gallery - it's a once in a lifetime event!
UK - Major Museums
- The Wyeths: Three Generations of American Art. Dulwich Picture Gallery, London. 9 June - 22 August.
“Dulwich Picture Gallery continues its consistently surprising exhibition programme in 2010 with a show that I think no other institution in this country would have dared do, least of all Tate Britain; an exhibition about the Wyeth family of artists, whose best known member, Andrew, divides Americans equally”
The Telegraph 29th December 2009
- Fra Angelico to Leonardo: Italian Renaissance Drawings Until July 25, British Museum
- Rude Britannia: British Comic Art. Tate Britain, London. 9 June – 5 September.
- The Surreal House. Barbican Art Gallery, London. 10 June – 12 September.
- Summer Exhibition. Royal Academy of Arts, London. 14 June – 22 August
- Francis Alys. Tate Modern, London. 15 June – 5 September
- BP Portrait Award 2010, National Portrait Gallery 24 June - 19 September
- The Courtauld Collects: 20 Years of Acquisitions. Courtauld Gallery, London. 17 June – 19 September.
- Tate Britain Duveens Commission 2010: Fiona Banner. Tate Britain, London. 28 June 2010 – 3 January 2011.
- Close Examination: Fakes, Mistakes and Discoveries. Works from the National Gallery's collection. National Gallery, London. 30 June – 12 September.
- Sargent and the Sea at the Royal Academy of Arts 10 July - 26 September
- Royal Society of Portrait Painters, 6 to 21 May, Mall Galleries
- Wildlife Artist of the Year 2010 & Three Generations Exhibition, 24 to 29 May, Mall Galleries
- The Society of Women Artists Summer Exhibition, 1 to 10 July
- The East Anglian Group of Marine Artists, 5 to 10 July,
- National Students’ Art Exhibition 2010 13 to 17 July
- Guild of Aviation Artists, 20 to 25 July
- Hesketh Hubbard, (London’s largest life drawing society) 20 to 24 July
- Armed Forces Art Society, 27 July to 1 August
- The Society of Equestrian Artists’ International Open Exhibition: The Horse in Art, 3 to 8 August
- Watercolour Academy, 18 to 27 August - follows on from last year’s enormously popular High Watermark exhibition. Involves artist members from across the different societies in this special curated exhibition.
- The Threadneedle Prize, 2 to 18 September
- Royal Society of Painter-Printmakers Annual Exhibition, 7 May 2010 - 6 June 2010
- Printmakers Council at Bankside 30 June 2010 - 4 July 2010