You are invited to NOMINATE an artwork on an art blog for
The Making a Mark Prize for Best Artwork - Portrait / Figures 2009
This prize aims to celebrate and highlight excellence in portraiture and/or artwork predominantly involving figures
WINNER of the MAM Prize for the Best Artwork 2008
A Walk in the Ocean
by Margaret Dyer (Small Pastels and an Occasional Oil)
- nominated by Casey Klahn (The Colorist)
- In 2009, any artist creating portraits or artwork predominantly involving figures - real or imaginary - and posting their work to their art or illustrated blog can be nominated.
- 2D artwork is eligible - artwork can be a painting (in any media) or a drawing (in any media) or a fine art print (using any method)
- Work is NOT eligible if it appears to be be one or more of the following:
- was not completed in 2009
- has not appeared on an art or illustrated blog in 2009
- over-reliant on a photograph not taken by the artist
- subjected to lots of digital manipulation/tweaks (over and above that needed to make it read 'true' on screen)
- An artist can be nominated more than once - by different people - for different works
- An artist can be nominated more than once - by different people - for the same work
- To be shortlisted the nominated artist must agree to their work being displayed on this blog as part of the shortlist.
- Anonymous nominations are not permitted. In order to nominate you too must have an art or illustrated blog and be capable of being identified by me. (This is to stop spammers!)
- All nominations must be in English
Zen by Nicole Caulfield (Nicole Caulfield Art Journal)
nominated by Sheona Hamilton Grant (Black on Grey on White)
To nominate - just comment on this blog post providing all the necessary details (see below) before 24th December 2009
- Your nominations MUST identify:
- the title of the piece
- the name of the artist,
- the name and URL of the blog (eg The Art Blog - http://theartblog.blogspot.com)
- the date, title and URL of the blog post in which the artwork appears (please provide a link)
- SAY WHY YOU LIKE THE WORK - this bit is really important so please do the best you can. Remember that nominations are open and transparent and that it's good to share a genuine tribute.
- You need to ask the artist if their work can be posted on my blog - and let me know what the answer is.
- An artist can nominate their own work.
- Nominations close just after midnight on 24th December.
- I will then select a shortlist of three works from the nominations prior to posting them on this blog and inviting readers to vote for their favourite artwork.
- This shortlist of three works then becomes eligible for the overall Making A Mark Prize for best artwork on a blog.
- Results are published on this blog 30th December
Please also NOMINATE for other MAKING A MARK AWARDS
(see below - links become live as invites are posted)
Links: The Making A Mark Awards 2010 for blogging about art - Making A Mark: End of Year Review
- Best artwork
- NEW!!! Nominate the Best Art (Place) on a Blog 2009
- NEW!!! Nominate the Best Art (Still Life) on a Blog 2009
- Nominate the Best Art (Portrait/Figures) on a Blog 2009
- Generating art
- Nominate - The Painting a Day Stickability Shield
- Nominate - The Best Art Blog Project Virtual Challenge Cup
- Getting out of the Studio
- Nominate - The Painting Plein Air Plus Prize
- Nominate The Travels with a Sketchbook Trophy
- Nominate - The Going Greener Gong
- Learning about art and the art business
- Nominate - The FAQs and Answers Really Useful Medal
- Nominate - The Make Me Think Gong
- NEW!!! Nominate The Best Book by an Art Blogger Blue Ribbon
- The Home Front
- You can also read more from me about: