You are invited to NOMINATE an artwork on an art blog for
The Making a Mark Prize for Best Portrayal of a Still Life in 2009This prize highlights and celebrates excellence in creating pictures
which help us to reflect on how small can be beautiful
- This prize helps us to focus on aspects of our lives which are smaller than people or places. The Still Life can be a conventional still life - set inside or out - or it can be floral or botanical art.
- In 2009, any artist can be nominated who has created a portrayal of a still life - real or imaginary - and posted their work to their art or illustrated blog in 2009.
- 2D artwork is eligible - artwork can be a painting (in any media) or a drawing (in any media) or a fine art print (using any method)
- Work is NOT eligible if it appears to be be one or more of the following:
- was not completed in 2009
- has not appeared on an art or illustrated blog in 2009
- over-reliant on a photograph not taken by the artist
- subjected to lots of digital manipulation/tweaks (over and above that needed to make it read 'true' on screen)
- An artist can be nominated more than once - by different people - for different works
- An artist can be nominated more than once - by different people - for the same work
- To be shortlisted the nominated artist must agree to their work being displayed on this blog as part of the shortlist.
- Anonymous nominations are not permitted. In order to nominate you too must have an art or illustrated blog and be capable of being identified by me. (This is to stop spammers!)
- All nominations must be in English
HOW TO NOMINATE
To nominate - just comment on this blog post providing all the necessary details (see below) before 24th December 2009
- Your nomination MUST identify:
- the title of the piece
- the name of the artist,
- the name and URL of the blog (eg The Art Blog - http://theartblog.blogspot.com)
- the date, title and URL of the blog post in which the artwork appears (please provide a link)
- SAY WHY YOU LIKE THE WORK - this bit is really important so please do the best you can.
Remember that nominations are open and transparent and that it's good to share a genuine tribute.
- You need to ask the artist if their work can be posted on my blog - and let me know what the answer is.
- An artist can nominate their own work.
- Nominations close just after midnight on 24th December.
- I will then select a shortlist of three works from the nominations prior to posting them on this blog and inviting readers to vote for their favourite artwork.
- This shortlist of three works then becomes eligible for the overall Making A Mark Prize for best artwork on a blog.
Please also NOMINATE for other MAKING A MARK AWARDS
- Best artwork
- NEW!!! Nominate the Best Art (Place) on a Blog 2009
- NEW!!! Nominate the Best Art (Still Life) on a Blog 2009
- Nominate the Best Art (Portrait/Figures) on a Blog 2009
- Generating art
- Nominate - The Painting a Day Stickability Shield
- Nominate - The Best Art Blog Project Virtual Challenge Cup
- Getting out of the Studio
- Nominate - The Painting Plein Air Plus Prize
- Nominate The Travels with a Sketchbook Trophy
- Nominate - The Going Greener Gong
- Learning about art and the art business
- Nominate - The FAQs and Answers Really Useful Medal
- Nominate - The Make Me Think Gong
- NEW!!! Nominate The Best Book by an Art Blogger Blue Ribbon
- The Home Front