This is part of my ticket for my recent Little Art Break in Brussels and visit to the Magritte exhibition at the Magritte Museum)
What's on offer
- An opportunity to see a capital city with some really fabulous architecture, excellent art museums and amazing street graffiti (see the Brussels Comic Strip). You can find out more about Brussels at their Tourism website for international tourists. Here's what's on in:
- September - the Design September festival covers around fifty design-related events; there's also a weekend of Heritage Days (19th and 20th September) - when you can find out what's behind all those wonderful architectural facades
- October - the Brussels Arts Festival; Nuit Blanche; the Biennial Art Nouveau 2009; an exhibition of Masterpieces of 20th century photography and the 8th Brussels Comics Festival are just some of the many things you can visit.
- Two Leisure Select tickets on Eurostar - from the UK to Brussels - which are the ones we used for our trip. That means you get nice comfy seats, breakfast on the way out and dinner and champagne on the way home! I can highly recommend them!
- a couple of travel guides courtesy of the office of Brussels Tourism (they're very good).
- when to go - any time between now and the end of October
- how long to stay - so long as the trip is completed before the end of October.
- which Eurostar station you want to go from and return to: London St Pancras, Ebbsfleet or Ashford (assuming the train you want to travel on stops at either Ebbsfleet or Ashford.)
You must be 18 or over to enter the competition, live in the UK and all expenses associated with the trip other than the tickets - including making your own way to and from one of the Eurostar stations - are your responsibility.
What YOU need to do to win
If you're really keen to have a Little Break in Brussels, you need to:
- identify what a difference a little break in Brussels will make to you. Create a post on your own and be as creative as you like in whatever media you choose. You can draw, sketch, take photographs, make a video or just write about what it would mean to you. You can even be surreal or show me a piece of existing street art!
- leave your name, the name of your blog and the name and the URL of your blog post as a comment on this post.
- make sure that your blog signposts an easy way that the 'we are social' people can get in contact with you
- enter before midnight (GMT) on Tuesday 15th September - that gives you at least five days to come up with something. (I'll be giving you a reminder on Sunday!) and you can also enter as many times as you like!
- make sure you are over 18 and live in the UK!
I'll be picking a winner from a shortlist of the five most amazing/funniest/brilliant responses chosen by Sarah and the team at We Are Social. I'll be aiming to do that just as soon as I can after the closing date.
I'll also include links to all five shortlisted posts in the post which announces the winner so you can see what the competition was like.
If you're still not decided try checking out videos and photosets taken by some of the people I travelled to Brussels with on 15th August.