I don't often post a completed work in coloured pencils which shows the different stages of the work while in progress - but I thought you might like to see how my peonies from yesterday's post progressed.
I find that scanning and then putting them up on screen while I'm doing them helps me to identify what needs developing and what needs fixing. The thumbnail versions are especially helpful at seeing whether or not an image is 'reading' well.
So here is "Potential" from start to finish. I've upped the contrast on the pencil outline so you can see the lines. At the end you can see images of the pencils I used for this drawing.
I've scanned the coloured pencils in colour sequences so you can see what was used. These are pencils from the Caran d'Ache Pablo, Lyra Rembrandt, Talens Van Gogh, Faber Castell Poly chromos and Berol Karismacolor/Sanford Prismacolor ranges. Click on the images to see a larger version - you might even be able to see the name of the colour!
Thanks to Maggie and Ester - they both hit on the 'potential' in this picture so that is now it's title.
If anybody has questions about either process of pencils just leave a comment and I'll do my best to answer.