Tuesday, December 08, 2020

New English Art Club - Annual Exhibition 2020 (Part 1)

I went to see the Annual Exhibition 2020 of the New English Art Club today at the Mall Galleries.
Third time lucky as it got caught twice by both the first and second lockdown - and very nearly wasn't going to be seen until the New Year. I'm guessing somebody said "no way is it being cancelled three times!".

Cover of the Catalogue for the NEAC Annual Exhibition 2020

I'm finding the pain from my "due an ankle fusion" right ankle means I'm exhausted by the time I get home.....

So what I've done is uploaded three albums of photos of the drawings and paintings exhibition to my Making A Mark Facebook Page - which are available to view by the public - so that all those who cannot attend can actually see the exhibition - and their painting if hung. I know this has been much appreciated by many people around the country who don't have a hope of getting to London.

(PS. My pics look to me much more like they do in 'real life' and less "over exposed / bleached / disneyfied" than some of the existing pics online and the virtual view of the exhibition online). 

I walked around the Galleries and took photos of all the pics and have arranged them in order in albums on my Facebook Page. Pics which won a prize and/or I particularly liked get a pic on their own. So if you follow the Galleries in the order they're posted below it will be as if you'd come round the Galleries with me at midday today.

View of East Gallery

These are the links to where you can see 

view of West Gallery

I'll come back to this post later this week and update it
- after a long sleep - with my thoughts on:
  • prizewinners
  • the exhibition overall
  • the catalogue
  • pics I particularly liked
  • plus maybe some stats too.....
For those wanting to see the exhibition, you will need to book a slot in advance as there is control on numbers in the exhibition. It seemed rather quieter at midday - but then got busy again at around 2pm. I think the cold weather as well as Covid-19 is making it less likely that people are travelling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.