So I've started a new resource which will certainly help me with my shopaholic habit relating to new books about drawing.
I'm pleased to present to you my new "resources for artists" squidoo site - 2011: New Books about Drawing. This lists all:
- the new books about drawing and sketching published in 2011 - in hardback, paperback and ebook editions.
- listed on a month by month basis.
- Each book highlights the type of format, nature of the book and the reception and reviews it has had to date.
- books designed specifically for pencils artists
- books for those keeping sketchbooks and illustrated journals.
- academic books about drawing and catalogues of exhibitions about drawings
- any reference to specialist books about cartooning, manga and drawing books for children.
I've also published 2012: New Books About Drawing. Mainly because when I started to look forward I realised there were three very important books about drawing being published next year - all of which I am happy to recommend sight unseen! Click the link to check out what these are.
It will work on the same principles as the 2011 site - but will update more slowly initially.
Both of these will be bookmarked within my ever popular site about The Best Books about Drawing and Sketching
NEXT WEEK: I've got some special posts about The Big Draw for the Drawing Month of October. Which includes an invite for YOU!
In the meantime I'm still trying to finish the updates for:
I'll signal here and on twitter when I've done the updates.
I'm late posting - partly because of my brief respite to take advantage of the Indian Summer and partly my freezer failed recently and I've been spending DAYS trying to find a new fridge freezer which will fit in a very precise space and still allow me to open adjacent doors as well as the doors on the fridge freezer! Do you think manufacturers realise that fitted kitchens last for rather longer than some appliances?