Saturday, February 14, 2009

Favourite Art Books - Resources for Artists

In January, this blog looked at art instruction books and you were invited to nominate your favourite art book - which lots of you did and then some!

I've now published your recommendations as Favourite Art Books - Resources for Artists. it contains links to all the books which got the most mentions plus a few others which have been highlighted in the past as being favourites.

I've organised it into categories as follows
Now you'll have something to give to your beloved next time they're wondering what to give you as a present for being so special! ;)

Resources for Artists - Art Education

I've also created a new group for all my information sites which relate to Art Education. You can now find this and other relevant sites at Resources for Artists - Art Education

There are also facilities to bookmark or share these sites with other people and on other social network sites in the right hand column of each site.

5 comments:

  1. A fabulous resource. Thank you for putting this together.

    You are amazing. I hope you know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine, this is a really helpful list of books. Is it too late to add my favourite book of drawings?"Master Drawings from Cave Art to Picasso,"by Terisio Pignatti. I often browse through it. It could well be out of print now, I think I acquired it in the 80s.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always happy to hear about new books which people rate and i'll add them into the book review site which are specific to drawing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love your squidoo lenses - always incredibly thorough!

    I found this article today that makes me wonder if we as artists can't get some of our favourites republished. The relevant part is at the very bottom of the article.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/30/technology/internet/30mag.html?_r=2&th&emc=th

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Caroline - and thanks for the link too - very interesting!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.