If you'd like to see the image of work nominated, click on the link to see the image. Images of those shortlisted and the reasons will be included in the posts asking you to vote on the 24th.
I'd really like to thank all those people who have left a nomination (you can see who they are after each nomination). It's always good to celebrate what we value in the work of others and it's great to see the variety of work you've identified to date.
Yet again, I'm finding that you're identifying artists and blogs which are new to me which is another welcome benefit of this exercise!
Best artwork on a blog in 2008
Interestingly this year people have asked to be able to nominate series of drawings from life. Although that wasn't part of the original guidelines, I've decided to allow this on the basis they are considered as a 'suite' or 'portfolio' (they have some sort of underlying connection).
I'm also not fussing over those who have nominated two paintings as opposed to a painting and a drawing - although I would like to continue to emphasise that your nomination does not have to be a painting and you can nominate a drawing!
- The November 2008 Archive of posts to Learning Daily by Cindy Woods - nominated by Julie Oakley (Julie’s Pictures)
- Coastal Ice Plant (Oil on Linen, 11×14) by Ed Terpening (Life Plein Air) – nominated by Benoit Philippe (My French Easel)
- South Connector (Oil on Wood, 24x32) By William Wray (Urban Painter William Wray) – nominated by Benoit Philippe (My French Easel)
- Drawings of her grandson (birth is so savage) by Laura Frankstone (Laurelines) - nominated by Felcicity Grace)
- A Walk in the Ocean by Margaret Dyer (Small Pastels and an Occasional Oil) - nominated by Casey Klahn
- Palm Grove by Linda Blondheim (Landscapes of the South) - nominated by Miki Willa (Pastel and More).
- Searching by Ester Wilson (Daily Drawings Blog) - nominated by E. Floyd (Elizabeth Floyd Studio)
- Arch & Ruin, Bonnieux by Susan Abbott (A Painter's Year) - nominated by E. Floyd (Elizabeth Floyd Studio)
- Orange in Green Light by Qiang Huang (qiang-huang, a daily painter) - nominated by Sue Smith (Sue Smith's Studio)
- August Sun, by Bonnie Luria (St Croix-nicity) - nominated by Sue Smith (Sue Smith's Studio)
Best portrait by a female artist in 2008
Fewer nominations - and I think some of the above might possibly fit better in this category! Don't be shy - you are allowed to nominate yourself for this category. Think of it like entering an art competition.
Here are the portrait nominations to date:
- Score (no title - 2nd portrait on the blog, of 2 women) by Tracy Helgeson (Works by Tracy Helgeson) - nominated by Tina Mammoser (The Cylcing Artist)
- CaptuRED (in Wife Imitates Art) by Bonnie Luria (St.Croix-nicity) - nominated by Paulette (Becoming a Renaissance Woman)
- Walk Through, by Karin Jurick (A Painting Today) - nominated by Nick (100 onions)
- The chef and his shadow by Ilaria Rosselli Del Turco (Ilaria Rosselli Del Turco -News) - self-nomination
- Cool Off by Sharon Wright (Sharon Wright Artist) - nominated by Dianne Mize (Compose).
- Logan by Olga Wagner (Cat Claws Studio) - self-nomination
- Portrait Label on Illustrated Life by Jeanette Jobson - nominated by Paulette (Becoming a Renaissance Woman)
Best online art exhibition in 2008
The only nomination received so far is:
- the NEWA (National Exhibition of Wildlife Art) online exhibition 2008 - nominated by Gayle Mason (Fur in the Paint)
If you've got any queries about nominates or how to take part please use the comments function to ask a question - which I'll answer as soon as possible.