So it is:
- NOT about where you sell your art - see last month's poll 2012 Poll Results: What's the best place to sell art? (Part 1). This poll is about how you get people to the place(s) where you sell your art.
- NOT about where you interact most with people - if none of that interaction results in sales
- the promotion part of the Seven Ps
- the communication part of the 4Cs
Communications can include advertising, public relations, personal selling, viral advertising, and any form of communication between the firm and the consumer.
|Quote about advertising attributed to John Wanamaker|
Or maybe you only sell your art online - how do you keep people interested in the new works you are producing and how do you get them to go to the place where they can buy your art?
I'm going to focus on the ways I know people promote their art and keep it fairly simple.
Here's a list of ways people communicate about their art with a view to promoting sales
- word of mouth (family/friends)
- word of mouth (collectors)
- business cards
- christmas cards
- flyers / physical adverts
- online adverts
- discount coupons
- portfolio publication / catalogue
- Facebook personal account
- Facebook Page
- own blog
- group blog
- own website
- art agent
- what you find are the methods which works well with past collectors
- what does not work well.
- what important method I forgot to include!