- excellence in blogging about art and artists; and
- the art blogs which set high standards and are the most influential.
I've been keeping a list of art blogs which have had "made a mark" during the course of the year but I'd love to hear which blogs have had an impact on you.
Instructions on how to nominate for these - and other Making A Mark Awards - are set out at the end of this post. Basically all you need to do is leave a comment on the relevant post.
I'm going to ask for nominations for the remaining awards in four separate blog posts to try and keep it simple.
Today I'm looking at nominations for three awards relating to generating art
- The Painting A Day Stickability Shield
- The Best Art Blog Project Virtual Challenge Cup
- NEW IN 2011 - The Best Art Society Blog Prize
"What they call talent is nothing but the capacity for doing continuous work in the right way."
|The Painting A Day Stickability Shieldfor daily painters who maintain a consistently high output of consistently good quality paintings over the course of the year and set a good example to others.|
|Lisa Daria - available paintings as of today|
- 2010 Lisa Daria(Lisa Daria) I've had a lovely time looking through her blog at her wonderful paintings this afternoon and was very nearly distracted and started to buy a painting! Always a good sign of a very promising painter! Her blog has gone straight into my list of blogs that I follow. Significantly, Lisa Daria is the only nominee to have produced a painting every day this year. She has good reason - as stated below
After one year of painting every day (including Christmas) I've no intention of stopping. For me, daily painting is a daily appreciation for living via the canvas. I'm a young adult cancer survivor so I have a persistence to make sure every day matters. Daily painting has become a reminder every day can bring with it reason. My optimism and perception have become part of the process of creating each day without reservation or excuse. The finished painting represents a consistently positive and stabilizing presence of my view of my immediate surroundings.No more words are necessary - this is a lady whose 'stickability' we can all admire.
- 2009 Loriann Signori (Loriann Signori's painting-a-day) - This award is for stickability - Loriann's complete dedication to getting out and about whatever the weather and wherever she is. She created 344 posts in 2009.
- 2008 Edward Gordon (Edward B. Gordon) who started doing daily paintings back in November 2006. Edward has created a painting a day virtuallly every day in 2008 and did the same in 2007. He completed 700 daily paintings back in October. His blog is popular and it indicates that he sells most of the paintings he produces.
- 2007 Carol Marine (Carol Marine's Painting a Day) The person who, in my eyes, has been consistent, has posted most often during the year and who has also continued the tradition, started by Duane, of also sharing her talent and her approach with a wider public through the workshops she has been teaching this year.
- 2006 shared by:
Art can be quite a lonely activity and it's noticeable that people often like to have some sort of involvement in groups and projects related to art!
|The Best Art Blog Project Virtual Challenge CupThis award is for|
Past winners include:
- 2010 The Virtual Paintout by Bill Guffey has succeeded in attracting a large number of participants every month - and the benefit is that you can see all the pictures on the blog and that makes it very easy for non-participants to understand the project and see its results. I also like the way that it shows people that they can find places to go and paint plein air using Google Street View and consequently its impact is not just limited to this blog!
- 2009 Urban Sketchers - has developed and become a landmark art blog during the last 12 months.
- 2008 Different Strokes from Different Folks - a well thought out project which also involves Karin Jurick in providing tutorials and guidance to participants how to improve their art. Primarily this has been about encouraging people to see that using photos as references need not involve copying - that making choices, using your imagination and interpreting a photo are skills which are also important.
- 2007 the International Sketchcrawl drawing marathons - a project which I have participated in which is global and involves lots of people, a lot of whom are bloggers.
- 2006 shared by:
- the Crackskull Bob Self-Portrait Marathon - a new blogging project which generated 390 entries overall from those participating and a stunning level of creativity
- the Daily Painters Blog - a blog, website and mailing list providing contemporary original art for sale by painting a day artists and habitual painters.
|The Best Art Society Blog PrizeThis prize is for the Art Society Blog which demonstrates - in both text and images - how best to |
This year it now seems possible that there are enough art society blogs to make this prize possible.
Art Society blogs have been very slow to get off the ground - despite the scope they offer to market both the art socioety and members artists to a wider audience. However I've noticed more and more this year. There's still a lot of scope to improve - but which art society blog shows how to do it best?
There are no previous winners of this prize
Nominate an art blog for a Making A Mark Award
So over to you - who do you think merits being nominated for these three awards? Answers as a comment on this post please.
What you need to do - it's very simple!
- WHICH AWARD:
- Identify the title of the Making A Mark Award that you want your nominee to be considered for
- Leave a comment on the post on this blog inviting nominations for that award - BEFORE 24th December
- WHICH BLOG: Identify
- the name of the blog, its URL (eg "The Art Blog" http://theartblog.blogspot.com) and
- the name of the blogger
- (Note: prizewinners who have won in the last three years are not eligible - but only in relation to the specific award that they won)
- WHY: Say WHY you think this blog should be considered for a Making A Mark Award.
The Making A Mark Awards will be announced on the 29th and 30th December.
Note: All nominees and nominators are linked to both from this blog and my main website page where all the past awards and nominees are listed
Please also NOMINATE for other MAKING A MARK AWARDS
Links to the other posts seeking nominations can now be found at the top of the right hand column
BEST PICTURE ON AN ART BLOG 2011
- Making A Mark: End of Year Review 2011
- (static page at top of blog) Making A Mark Art Blog Awards - references previous years
Click the link to NOMINATE Art Blogs for The 2011 Making A Mark Awards