A. Planning for what happens after we're gone.
You're an artist.
- Do the executors of your will know what to do with your artwork after your death?
- Does your will even recognise the fact that you are an artist and have a body of work?
- Does your family know how to create an income stream from your artwork after you're gone?
- Do you know what you need to do before you die if you're not going to create an undue burden for anybody else?
I finally got round to doing this just recently.
Art After Death - Resources for Artists comprises everything I can find at the moment on the Internet by way of links to what look like helpful sites.
It's got three main sections plus some book lists. You can find the contents below. I've highlighted the key sections in bold.
- What is Estate Planning?
- ESTATE PLANNING FOR ARTISTS
- THE SENIOR ARTISTS INITIATIVE
- BOOKS: Estate Planning for Artists
- Copyright after death
- Art and death - Resources for Artists
- FAMOUS ARTISTS ESTATES
- BOOKS: Learn from the experience of others
- Artists' Estates: Auction and Art Sales
- What to do with artists' ephemera?
- ESTATE PLANNING FOR ART COLLECTORS
- BOOKS: Estate Planning for Art Collectors
- BOOKS: Estate Planning - generic issues
- Blogging about art after death
I know this is a bit of an unusual topic(!) but I'd love to hear your comments / questions and/or suggestions for how to develop this as an information resource for artists to share.