David Sifry of Technorati also reported earlier this month on "The State of the Blogosphere".
If you're an artist and a blogger, you'll find them both interesting reads. If you're just thinking about blogging you'll find them even more interesting! Do read the comments as well - they also have huge value in giving an insight into what is going on............
If you're not convinced, here are some statistics to make you think - and read more:
- the global blogosphere is:
- 50+ million blogs
- over 100 times bigger than three years ago
- doubling in size
- about every 5-7 months - as it has done throughout the last three years.
- every 200 days - as of June 2006
- every day 175,000 new blogs are created (but only 8% of these are spam blogs - 'splogs')
- the volume of blog postings is double what it was a year ago
- 3% of the US population blogs
- BUT 25% of the Google links are generated by bloggers - giving blog owners a higher profile than website owners
- the most prevalent times for English-language posting is between the hours of 10am and 2pm Pacific time, with an additional spike at around 5pm Pacific time (that's 6pm - 8pm and 1am in GMT and 1 pm - 5pm and 8pm EST)
- in the USA 4 times more people are reading blogs now than were 9 months ago
- In June 39% of the blog posts tracked by Technorati 39% were in the English language; 31% in Japanese and 12% in Chinese
Did any of the statistics surprise you?
Technorati tags: art journal , artist weblogs , art blogs , artist websites, illustration , illustrated blogs
Link to this post