- visiting San Diego and Southern California
- attending a pastel workshop with Dianna Ponting SFCA PPC, MPAC, PSA
- travelling with friends across Arizona to New Mexico in order to..........
- stay in Albuquerque to attend, as a member, the 14th Annual Convention and Exhibition of the Conference of the Coloured Pencil Society of America (CPSA)
- visit Santa Fe
- and then return to California and, hopefully, fly up north and then drive back down the central coast visiting Monterey, Carmel, Big Sur, and San Luis Obispo en route.
The whole trip will be recorded - with photos and sketches and maybe pastel paintings - in my new blog - "Travels with a Sketchbook in.........". I had planned to launch this today - but a problem arose yesterday afternoon which has just turned all my plans for this week completely upside down!!! So......launch plans are currently on hold. However, the basics are done and I may be able to start posting while I'm away subject to access to on-line facilities.
In the meantime, I'm practising for the weather in California as we're having a heatwave in London. Fortunately, it's going be a little less humid even if it is hotter where I'm going.
This was the plane tree avenue in the local park late yesterday morning. It's a plein air sketch on a double page spread in my Moleskine skeythbook using coloured pencils.
Links: Click the following links to see
- the website of the Coloured Pencil Society of America
- more of my sketches of London
- the Trees Gallery on my website
Technorati tags: art , coloured pencils , colored pencils , drawing , landscape , Moleskine , plein air, sketch, sketchbook