Sunday, January 22, 2006

The problems and pleasures of storage - and 3 "new" paintings

In recent years, my main focus has been on producing artwork rather than selling it - and, as a result, I have artwork stored all around my home. I keep aspiring to a planchest but I'm not sure they are a practical solution for me. Instead I've devised a system of horizontal and vertical storage files for my work - I've even got work sorted in terms of size.

However, I sometimes forget where I then store the files! Or I forget what I've stored in which file. Memo to self: Must develop an inventory system!

Anyway, my reason for writing is that I've just rediscovered some pastel paintings which were in a file I thought was storing some other paintings. It's always nice coming across old work. When I look at the work which will not be getting posted here or on my website, I have a quiet sense of satisfaction about how much I've progressed. When I look at the better stuff, it reminds me of what I can do if I've got time and the application.

So here are the three paintings. They are all paintings for flowers - done from life, in pastel on an abrasive support. They are all 19.5" x 25.5".

Camellias #2


Flower Study


The Fish Bowl (you may need your sunglasses for this one!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.