Sunday, January 15, 2006

Pomegranate #1

I'm intrigued by pomegranates - they have such a nice round shape and glorious colours on the outside and then you slice into them and get to see all the wonderful shapes and colours of the seeds.

I've been experimenting recently with compositions using pomegranates and am just about to start a larger study but thought I'd have a go first at developing a smaller work - and this is it.

This is coloured pencils on Arches Hot Press watercolour paper and is 7" x 5". I liked the idea of seeing a pomegranate halved but without seeing the complete shape of either half.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.