Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Pomegranate #2

I seem to be developing a bit of a pomegranate theme - I completed this larger painting yesterday. It's A4 size on an oatmeal coloured Two Rivers paper. By "completed", I mean that it's ready to go for its rest and review in about a week or 10 days time. I find that most pieces benefit from an objective review after you've not been staring at them continuously for some time.

I'm finding all the different sorts of textures and surfaces within a pomegranate to be an interesting challenge. I also like working within in a certain colour range while keeping surface colours alive and interesting. This particular image began to come alive when I got the darks going - as is often the case - and that's the major area for review in a few days.

1 comment:

  1. Everything about this is lovely. You've got such a wide range of colors here and a miraculous combination of crisp and soft textures. Very unusual work.
    Laureline(s)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.