|Threadneedle Prize Exhibition: A view of the Main Galleryprior to the Preview|
- the art - to my mind - is a lot more accessible. This is an exhibition which will be enjoyed by more people.
- there's a huge diversity in interpretation of figurative and representational art. I'm guessing a lot of artists may well find it stimulates their own work.
- more drawings and paintings of figures and people
|Some very strong paintings of figures - both large....|
- a lot of very good drawings and display of draughtsmanship
- more monochromatic artwork - with a great hang in the North Gallery
|Some impressive monochromatic and near mono drawings and paintings in the Far North Gallery|
- more works on paper
- media is much more mixed
- a lot less sculpture
|only one piece of sculpture that I spotted|
- a much better fit with most people's understanding of figurative artwork
|First Prize on the left; shortlisted on the right|
|North Gallery - First room|
|North Gallery - second room|
It's also complemented by an extremely good exhibition in the Threadneedle Space.
I'm certainly thinking about going back for another look - and I've already seen it twice!
I'll be posting more pics from the exhibitions of artists with their paintings and purchasers with their new paintings on my Facebook Page over the next week.
More about the Threadneedle Prize 2016
- The Columbia Threadneedle Prize - Call for Entries (July 2015) - The Columbia Threadneedle Prize 2016: Overview of the Call For Entries and the changes since the last time this competition was run in 2014.
- Selected Artists - The Columbia Threadneedle Prize 2016 (Nov 2015) - Overview of the artists selected for The ColumbiaThreadneedle Prize 2016 - including images and links to artists' websites.
- The Columbia Threadneedle Prize 2016: Shortlisted Artists (Dec. 2015) - Images of the shortlisted paintings for the ThreadneedlePrize 2016 and profiles of their artists.
- Lewis Hazelwood-Horner wins £20000 Threadneedle Prize 2016 (February 2016) - Introducing the winner of the £20000 2016 Columbia ThreadneedleAward for contemporary figurative and representational art
- Threadneedle Exhibition 2016 - my favourites - this also includes links to the previous exhibitions and my previous posts about the Threadneedle Prize.