All visitors to the exhibition in February 2016 will be encouraged to vote for their favourite to win the second major prize - the £10,000 The Visitors’ Choice Award.
The exhibition will be at
The exhibition will be at
There's no Facebook Page for the Prize any more - just an event listing on Facebook.
The Columbia Threadneedle Prize 2016 - Shortlist
The six artworks and artists who have been shortlisted are listed below
Peter Clossick (linked website) - Member of the New England Art Club; Past President of the London Group and Freeman of the Painter-Stainers Guild
|Summer Solstice |
copyright Peter Clossick
Lewis Hazelwood-Horner - He's a graduate of the London Atelier of Representational Art and had works in the ROI and LARA exhibitions at the Mall Galleries last week.
|Salt in Tea|
copyright Lewis Hazelwood-Horner
Nicholas Holmes - Nick has spent most of his time in the north in terms of art education and exhibitions. He was longlisted for John Moores Painting Competition in 2014.
|Winston Field |
copyright Nicholas Holmes
J Carlos Naranjo - El Mameluco (After the Battle) - Spanish artist living and working in London. Shortlisted for the Griffin Art Prize 2015
Carlos did his first degree in Fine Art (Painting) and Masters in Fine Art (Art, Idea and Production) at the University of Fine Arts, Seville. Spain - graduating in 2011. He has exhibited in Spain, the USA and the UK.
|El Mameluco (After the Battle)|
copyright J Carlos Naranjo
In 2014 Laura was shortlisted for the Threadneedle Prize (see Shortlist for Threadneedle Prize 2011 dominated by women artists) and selected for the Summer Exhibition at the Royal Academy. In 2015 she was also selected for the Lynn Painter-Stainers Prize 2015.
I'm wondering is she still paints on aluminium. Her works are relatively sparse - this is a busy picture compared to her normal putput.
copyright Laura Smith
Chris Thomas b.1947 in Bradford. Chris was also selected for the Northern New Light Prize in 2015. He's represented by the Brian Sinfield Gallery and the Padstow Studio.
His CV would seem to indicate that this is not an artist who has regularly submitted work and been selected for art competitions.
He has two works in the exhibition: Reflection Study 1 and Sheep with their Lambs (below).
|Sheep with their lambs|
copyright Chris Thomas
This year’s Columbia Threadneedle Prize Selectors are:
- Emma Crichton-Miller, columnist for Apollo magazine, freelance journalist for FinancialTimes, FT How to Spend It, The Wall Street Journal Europe and the RA Magazine
- David Dawson, artist, writer and photographer
- Dr Arturo Galansino, Director General of Fondazione Palazzo Strozzi
- Dr Tim Knox, Director of the Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge
- Lewis McNaught (Selection Panel Chair), Director, Mall Galleries.
Threadneedle Prize Archive
Threadneedle Prize 2016
- The Columbia Threadneedle Prize - Call for Entries - this identifies what this art prize is about, what the prizes are and the conditions for entries - very relevant if you fancy submitting an entry next year
- Selected Artists - The Columbia Threadneedle Prize 2016 - this includes images of some of the selected works and links to the websites of artists selected for the exhibition
Threadneedle Prize 2015Missed a year due to change in ownership of Threadneedle
Threadneedle Prize 2014
- Tina Jenkins wins Threadneedle Prize 2014 - announcement of the winner plus pictures from the Awards Dinner
- Threadneedle Prize 2014 - The Shortlist - A review of the artwork and artists shortlisted for the Threadneedle Prize 2014.
- The Threadneedle Prize 2014 - what's changed and how to enter - Review of the changes in the 2014 Threadneedle Prize and the Call for Entries.
Threadneedle Prize 2013
- Clare McCormack and Lisa Wright win Threadneedle Prize 2013
- Threadneedle Prize 2013 Exhibition - Review
- Threadneedle Prize 2013 - Shortlist announced - a review of the artists and their works shortlisted for the Threadneedle Prize
- One month left to enter £30000 Threadneedle Prize - Overview of the Call for Entries for the £30000 Threadneedle Prize (2013) for Figurative and Representational Art - deadline 4 July 2013.
- Threadneedle Prize 2013 - Selected Artists - List of the artists (+ websites) selected to show their paintings and sculpture in the Threadneedle Prize 2013 Exhibition at the Mall Galleries.
Threadneedle Prize 2012
- Call for Entries for £30000 Threadneedle Prize 2012 - Making a Mark - Overview of the Call for Entries for the £30000 Threadneedle Prize for Figurative and Representational Art - deadline 23 May 2012.
- Threadneedle Prize 2012: Analysis of entries - Threadneedle Prize 2012: An analysis of the art competition entries and artwork and artists selected and comparison to 2011.
- Threadneedle Prize 2012: names of selected artists - List of selected artists for the Threaneedle Prize Exhibition 2012 - plus links to their websites.
- Threadneedle Prize 2012 - Exhibition now Online - how to access the Online Exhibition of the Threadneedle Prize 2012.
- Threadneedle Prize 2012 - Shortlisted Artists - The winners of both The Threadneedle Prize (£30,000) and Visitors' Choice Prize (£10,000) will be announced at a special Awards Dinner on Wednesday 10 October 2012 - to which I'm invited.
- Review: Threadneedle Prize Exhibition 2012 - Review of the Threadneedle Prize for Painting and Sculpture 2012 Exhibition at the Mall Galleries.
- Threadneedle Prize 2012: The Making a Mark Select Six - An alternative shortlist for the Threadneedle Prize 2012.
- Threadneedle Prize 2012 - the Award Winners - Ben Greener wins Threadneedle Prize 2012. Robert Truscott wins People's Choice Award 2012.
2011 Threadneedle Prize
- Threadneedle Prize 2011 - a new selection process
- Shortlist for Threadneedle Prize 2011 dominated ...
- Threadneedle Prize: The Making a Mark Select ...
- Review: Threadneedle Prize Exhibition 2011
- Henriette Simson wins Threadneedle Prize 2011
2010 Threadneedle Prize
- Patricia Cain wins £25,000 Threadneedle Prize 2010
- Threadneedle - just another art prize in 2010? 22 Apr 2010
- Threadneedle Prize: selected artists 28 Jun 2010
- Shortlist for £25000 Threadneedle Prize 2010 announced 26 Jul 2010
- Threadneedle Prize 2010 Exhibition opens today 02 Sep 2010
- My Threadneedle Prize shortlist 15 September 2010