|The exhibition includes, paintings, drawings, fine art prints and sculpture by wildlife artists|
A View of the Exhibition
This is a video of the exhibition taken at the end of the afternoon preview and as the evening event was getting underway hence rather a lot of people around and why I didn't do a very slow pan.
Workshops, Talks, Demonstrations and Events
There's a VERY extensive list of Talks, Demonstrations and Events being held during the exhibition. All of them are held at the Mall Galleries and you can get full details from this website page plus information on how to book for any which still have spare places.
- Sunday 2 November, 10.30am – 4.30pm DRYPOINT WORKSHOP A full day drypoint printing workshop with Bruce Pearson and Greg Poole.
- Sunday 9 November 2014, 10.30am – 4.30pm MONOPRINTS WORKSHOP with Greg Poole & Kim Atkinson
- Saturday 8 November 2014, 10.30am – 4.30pm LINOCUT WORKSHOP with Robert Greenhalf & Max Angus - An introduction to lino cutting with wildlife as subjects FULLY BOOKED.
Review of artists work
Portfolio Day took place on Thursday - but it's worth making a note if you are a wildlife artist and would like to exhibit with this society. You can get advice about your porfolio at the same event next year
- Saturday 1 November, 10.30am and 1.30pm BTO/SWLA MIGRATION PROJECT The BTO (British Trust for Ornithology) and SWLA will offer a talk about the Migration Project which is a collaborative project centred on the migration route of our summer visitors. Booking required
- Thursday 6 November, 3pm (FREE) TALK BY HARRIET MEAD The SWLA President Harriet Mead will give a talk about the Wildlife Trust’s Diving Bursary and her experiences of learning to dive, drawing underwater and producing the final, found scrap metal sculptures for which she is so well known.
- Friday 7 November, 2.30pm (FREE) TALK BY DARREN REES: “PICTURES FROM LIFE” An illustrated talk by Darren Rees on his work that reflects his many travels to the Arctic, Yellowstone, Ecuador and more. Approx 1 hour – FREE
Book SigningSWLA member Jill Moger will be signing copies of her new book Reptile to Reef: Ceramic Sculpture, published by Langford Press on
- Wednesday 29 October, 1pm to 3pm
- Thursday 30 October. 12 noon to 2pm
- Friday 31 October, 10am to 12 noon
I'm getting ready to go north re. a family commitment and will be writing my review once I've moved 200 miles north of my current seat!