I visited two exhibitions at the Mall Galleries yesterday. The RSMA was having its Private View which, oddly enough, I never find an ideal time to view an exhibition - because of all the people!
|RSMA 69th Annual Exhibition 2014 - Private View at the Mall Galleries this afternoon|
I will be going back for an end of exhibition and "who did well (prizes/sales)?" review (Part 2) towards the middle/end of next week after a short trip I need to make which takes me out of London.
The subject matter of the paintings is defined as follows
The subject matter must be essentially marine in nature, relating in some way to tidal waters of the world; topographical, historical, still life, and figure painting are all welcomed. Most media are acceptable, including oils, watercolour, acrylics, pastels, drawings, prints and sculpture.
Anyway - here's the exhibition as per the panoramic feature on my new iPhone. I discovered yesterday that this takes better pics in artificial light than my camera!
You can see these bigger if you right click and open in a new tab.
Demonstrations and workshops
These are the artists doing demonstrations during the course of the exhibition plus a tour of the exhibition
- Friday 17th Oct, afternoon - Fred Beckett (oil) and Ben Mowll (watercolour) working in the gallery (free with admission)
- Saturday 18th Oct - President's Tour, 11.00am (free with admission).
- Sunday 19th Oct, afternoon - John Lines (oil) working in the gallery (free with admission).
- Tuesday 21st Oct, morning - Lorraine Abraham (drawing) and Alan Runagall (watercolour) working in the gallery (free with admission).
- Thursday 23rd Oct, afternoon - Keith Noble (watercolour) working in the gallery (free with admission).
- Friday 24th, afternoon - Colin Allbrook (watercolour) working in the gallery (free with admission).
You can find out about the workshops on this page of the RSMA website
Thinking of exhibiting next year?
Registration & Digital Submission (for pre-selection) to the 2015 RSMA Open Exhibition: Please note that from 2015 ALL work must be submitted on-line in the first instance. On-line submission dates below.
- On-line Submission opens: 6th April 2015, 12 noon.
- On-line submission closes: 10th July, 12 noon.
- Log-in for results: 17th July, from 12 noon
Previous 'Making A Mark' Reviews of the annual exhibition of the RSMA
- Review: Royal Society of Marine Artists - 68th Annual Exhibition 17 October 2013
- Review: 2012 Exhibition of the Royal Society of Marine Artists 20 Oct 2012
- Review: Royal Society of Marine Artists - Annual Exhibition 201113 Oct 2011
- REVIEW: Royal Society of Marine Artists - 65th Annual Exhibition 22 Oct 2010
- Celebrating the sea with the Royal Society of Marine Artists 19 Oct 2007